Here’s our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this fine week: Marie Kondo, Relative Insanity, Finding Fred, and so much more!
Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this fine week: Marie Kondo, Relative Insanity, Finding Fred, and so much more!
Hey-oh! 2020 is here and in full swing! I have all my holiday decor down (which is quite the feat) and have Marie Kondo‘d the crap out of my house. Have you watched that show? It’s so inspiring and really changed the way I look at things. I’ve always been really good at purging what I don’t need anymore… sometimes a little too overzealous at it. I’ve been known to go wild and crazy and throw away some really important stuff. Oops!
I adore the idea of only keeping things that SPARK JOY. So many times we hold onto things just for the sake of holding onto them, but Marie suggests that when you decide that something doesn’t spark joy for you anymore, to tell that item thank you, and to discard it with a deep spirit of gratitude. *I absolutely LOVE that!* Here’s to holding onto whatever sparks joy for you!
What sparks joy for our Simply Recipes team? Well let’s see!
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Andong is our BFF – My Name is Andong is Summer’s new fave food-loving YouTuber. Andy likes him too!
- Finding Fred – Emma just started listening to this podcast, and it’s so good! Such a nice way to bring Mr. Rogers into today’s world!
- Relative Insanity – I played this game over and over during the holiday break. Let’s just say I definitely got a major ab work out from laughing so hard!
- Butter Sculptures – Andy informed us that butter sculptures used to be one of America’s favorite pastimes. I think perhaps the Simply Team should try it sometime. Thoughts?
- AirFort Mania – My friends told me about this really amazing fort for kids and I’m totally buying one in every single color! I’ll be using it as much as my kids will be, guaranteed.
OVER ON THE GOOD OLE INSTAGRAM
Y’all fell HARD CORE for our Chicken Noodle Casserole! It seems that we all still love our comfort food, especially in winter!
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Rachel had a really fun idea that she’s doing for her kids and told us about it in a comment left on our Black Bean Soup. Here’s her idea in her own words:
Awesome! Definitely writing this one in my daughters’ recipe books for when they are on their own!
She’s collecting recipes and putting them in books for her daughters. How cool is that?!
Cheers to a beautiful weekend, friends!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes.
Read more about our affiliate linking policy.